As a OneLab backend developer, you will be responsible for developing services provided to experimenters using experimental platforms around the world. You will be part of the OneLab development team and you will collaborate with other developers around the world to advance this software. You will also work closely with project managers, the communications team, researchers, and professors at UPMC Sorbonne Universités.
The position is to work in an international environment, as a consequence you are not required to know French. Everyone in the team is conversant in English, and you will communicate in English with our European and International partners.
This position allows to gather autonomy and collaborative work, as well as flexibility, participation to the technology orientations, in a formative environment.
The Computer Science Research Laboratory LIP6, Networks and Performance Analysis (NPA) department, UPMC Sorbonne Universités (Université de Paris VI), Paris, France.
One year contract (in French, a "CDD"), renewable for two more years.
Upon qualifications and experience.
Contribution also to the Navigo travel pass (public transport) and the University canteen.
Education and experience
● Higher diploma (Masters or engineering degree).
● Minimum 3 years of experience as software developer or dedication to a professional or opensource project.
● Fluency in English.
● Basic ability in French (helpful).
● Python (vital).
● Tornado (vital).
● Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, RethinkDB, Redis) (vital).
● APIs (REST, websocket) (vital).
● RabbitMQ (helpful).
● XML (helpful).
● Collaborative tools (git and/or svn) (helpful).
● GNU/Linux and Shell.
● Good communication and presentation skills (participate in meetings of European and international projects).
● Thrives in a collaborative work environment.
● Rigor in programming.
● Software development in cooperation with our international partners.
● Representing UPMC during the meetings in France and abroad.
● Contributing to the deliverable/reports for the European Union.
Apply for Backend developer (Python)
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.